Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Monkey Nuggets & Zucchini Fries

One thing I am really trying to focus on is feeding the entire family healthy and delicious meals. With both of us working over 40 hours a week, I need my meals to be quick and easy. This turned out even more delicious than I could have imagined. Even Bad Monkey 2.0 devoured it! One bonus for me is it does not require any measuring whatsoever. Here is how I did it:

Ingredients:
Boneless skinless chicken breast (gotta use my 40 lbs of Zaycon chicken)
zucchini (on sale now at Safeway for $.49/lb)
Italian bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese (in the green can of course)
olive oil and a little cooking spray

I cut up the zucchini before I went to work in the morning and took out the chicken to thaw. When I got home I preheated the oven to 400degrees, put my gloves on, diced up all of my chicken into typical nugget sized pieces and tossed with olive oil. In a mixing bowl I threw in a good amount of bread crumbs and some Parmesan cheese. After that I dunked each nugget with a satisfying amount of coating I placed them on the baking sheet and baked them for 8 minutes, flipped them, and tossed them back in for another 3 more minutes. I sprayed a tiny bit of cooking spray on the top for aid in baking them. I basically did the same exact thing with the zucchini and viola! A healthy, delicious, quick, and easy meal! For all who desire exact measurements and instructions, and nutrition info, I adapted the Baked Chicken Nugget Recipe recipe from Gina's Skinny Recipes HERE and the Zucchini "Fries" HERE.



.

1 comment:

  1. Suzi,
    Yum! I wrote down the recipes so I can try them. Thanks for sharing! :)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete