Saturday, April 14, 2012

1st Reboot: Day 5

Yes, day 5 already! This seems to be going fast and so far super easy. Another pound down today. It is weird when 1 lb a day makes you feel like you didn't do very well. But I know I did! Wahoo.


 
What I ate:
Hot water with Lemon as soon as I woke up
Caffeinated Green Tea
Snacked all day on: apples, carrots, banana, cucumbers, celery

What I juiced:
Apple Pear Grape
My Thoughts: Can't go wrong with this one
 
 Liquid Salsa: (The Juicing Bible, 2nd edition by Pat Crocker)
     2 tomatoes
     1 fresh jalepeno pepper (I took the seeds out)
     1/4 onion
     6 sprigs fresh cilantro
     1/2 lime


My Thoughts: Sounds good right? Like you want to grab some warm chips and dip away? Well, it was the weirdest thing. It smelled delicious, just like fresh salsa. I tasted it and well, it tasted just like liquid salsa. About 2 minutes after I took my first few drinks, my stomach started hurting. And hurting BAD. And it happened so fast. I called my mom to get her advice and she said I should probably stop drinking it and see if the pain went away. And it did. How bizarre. So about 15 minutes later I tried it again and those same darn pains came back???? So, I gave up. And then I made something I knew I would love...

Fresh liquid salsa!
5 minutes later, look at how it settled!

   












 Suzi's Apple Green Lemonade ( the reboot recipe but I added an apple, less celery and more kale)

1 green apple
1 Braeburn apple
That wrinkle in the tablecloth is driving me bonkers :)
3 handfuls of spinach
3 handful of kale
1/2 cucumber (i actually forgot this part)
3 celery stalks
1/2 lemon


 My Thoughts: I am officially obsessed with this one! I even put it in a fancy ice cold mug to make me feel like it was a treat. I had this twice today.




Overall mood: This is the coolest cleanse ever!
 
Thoughts: For dinner I made the most awesome Spinich & Black Bean Enchiladas! Tim was literally licking the plate and the boys, who hate beans, LOVED them! Wahooo. It was sooo hard not to taste them. I am putting these on my list for when I am done with my reboot. I am still noticing that the things I am craving the most are healthy! How cool is that? I kept very busy today and did all kinds of crafty fun stuff at home and it totally kept my mind off of food. 9 lbs!!! Can you believe that????  I have had multiple people comment on how they are noticing changes, yes!!!! Besides in my face, I don't notice much change. I am starting to get nervous because tomorrow is my first day of my next phase: Juicing ONLY for 5 days!! I wonder how different it will be! Stay tuned and thanks for supporting me on this journey.
 
Today's weight loss: 1 lb
Total weight loss: 9 lbs

* recipes from Reboot Your Life starter guide

No comments:

Post a Comment