Friday, April 13, 2012

1st Reboot: Day 4

Ok, this is more like it. I actually feel better only losing 1.2 lbs today. But it does make me think if it was something that I did differently from Day 1, 2, or 3. Maybe I ate too many bananas? I did have one by itself and then in my two different smoothies. Hmmm. Or it could just be my body getting a lot of the icky stuff out right away? Who knows. I am obviously not a Nutritionist.

What I ate: 
Hot water with Lemon as soon as I woke up 
Caffeinated Green Tea (Again, I waited til about 11 or so to drink my tea)
Snacked all day on: apples, carrots, celery, cucumbers, red grapes
1 Strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, raspberry smoothie-I really missed a not putting a banana in :(

What I juiced:   
Carrot-Kale Combo*-my friends have been telling me if I eat more carrots I will start looking tan, so this is going to be a regular one, hehe

 Green Lemonade*:- This time I DIDN'T forget the cucumber, I added a little less celery, and added an extra Braeburn apple. IT WAS AMAZING!!!! No exaggeration, PHENOMENAL! I will be making this every single day!!!


* recipes from Reboot Your Life starter guide



 
Apple Pear Grape:
     4 pears
     4 Braeburn apples
     2 handfuls of red grapes

Made this up myself, how could you go wrong with these ingredients. I just wanted the make something the boys would like. It was super delicious, but the boys didn't like it. How sad that they are so used to juices with fake ingredients and full of sugar. Well, they are going to learn to like it because this will be the only juice they will be having at home from now on!

Gavin wouldn't pose with my juice so here is saying, "Argh Matey"
  Overall mood: Awesome

Thoughts: I want to point out that when I say "snacked on" under What I ate- I am meaning eating them all day. Usually I will eat a large carrot which will fill me up and a half hour later eat a whole bag of cut up cucumbers etc. I am eating all day long! I and really don't ever feel hungry. My mouth is hungry, but my body is not. I hope that makes sense. Today was the first day I went grocery shopping for my family. I realized I had tons of reboot food for me and nothing for my kidlets and poor Tim. Not that they won't eat reboot food, just that they would enjoy some more food groups. It was tough at the store, but doable. I planned out the family meals (which I got them all from skinnytaste.com and cleaneatingonline.com)

We/They are having:
Spinich & Black Bean Enchiladas (this one was actually from my friend Carina)
Ground turkey and whole wheat pasta spaghetti
Skinny baked potato skins & baked zucchini fries
Shredded Chicken and Broccoli casserole

Ok, now my mouth is watering, hehe. So, I am still feeling great. They say day 3-5 is the worst, so if this is the worst, then wahooooo! Let's do it!
 
Today's weight loss: 1.2 lbs
Total weight loss: 7 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment