Wednesday, April 11, 2012

1st Reboot: Day 1

How I felt this morning: Really excited and inspired!


What I ate: 
 Caffeinated Green Tea
 Snacked all day on: apples, carrots, celery, cucumbers, broccoli
 Strawberry, spinach, pineapple smoothie


What I juiced: 
Green Lemonade:
     1 green apple
     3 handfuls of spinich
     1  handful of kale
     1/2 cucumber (i actually forgot this part)
     4 celery stalks
     1/2 lemon

My Thoughts: Not a good choice for my first drink. It was not very good at all. I am, however, on of those who can suck it up and drink anything if I have to. I might tweak this next time I make it.


Overall mood: Inspired, but tired


Thoughts: I am really excited. I didn't get my juicer until about 3 pm and I was too intimated to open it. Tim came home and dove right in and made me my first green lemonade. We also made some apple-pear juice for the nect morning because Tuesday mornings are my busiest of the week. I felt kind of drained. Not too bad, but tired. My fuse was a teency weency bit shorter than usual but nothing extreme. I did all of my shopping today. I spent $34 on produce. I have no idea how long this will last. The documentary says its about $14/day for the cleanse or $28/day if you buy all organic. I am going to buy as much organic as I can afford. For you locals, I went to Gateway Produce on Andreson just North of Fourth Plain. It is a discount produce store so some of the goods are not perfect (i.e have bruises) but that is irrelevant when juicing) The clerk told me that they buy everything local that they can, so that is a plus. I purchased pears, Granny Smith apples, Braeburn apples, ginger, lemon, carrots, and beets at Gateway Produce. I also went to Costco for baby organic kale, organic spinach, Romaine Hearts, and some organic pre-cut/pre-packaged apples for a treat. Note: The carrots at Costco are Organic and cheaper than Fred Meyer's or Gateway Produce non-organic!!!

Weight Loss: None silly

No comments:

Post a Comment