Friday, May 6, 2011

What's a good deal?

So if you have been following along, you know the basic gist of couponing including where to find coupons and how to use them. A common question newbies ask me is “What’s a good price for…” The answer pretty much depends on how important the product is to you (corny, I know) and how much your food budget is. Another determining factor is where you live as prices will be vary by region. What I can tell you is the price that I *try* to pay. Don’t get me wrong, there are times when I am running to Seven Eleven to buy Nyquil at 1am, but as a general rule, these are the prices I look out for:

Household/Toiletries/Personal Care Items
I usually find these items at Target, Walgreens, RiteAid

TOOTHPASTE:  FREE
KIDDIE TOOTPASTE: FREE -$1
ADULT TOOTHBRUSHES: FREE -$.75
MOUTHWASH: FREE-$1
FLOSS: FREE
BODY WASH: FREE-$1
DEODERANT: FREE
SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER: FREE- $2
(This is for cheaper brands like Herbal Essence, John Frieda, Pantene, etc)
RAZORS FREE - $1
LAUNDRY SOAP: $1.99/32 loads
BODY LOTION: Free- $1.50
FACE WASH: Free- $1.50
DISH SOAP: Free-$.75
Grocery Items

(There are sooo many, so I will just highlight a few I get for super cheap)
SHREDDED CHEESE: free-$1/lb
PASTA: free-$.25
PASTA SAUCE: $.25-$1
CRACKERS: $.50 or less
CEREAL: $.50 per box or less
OATMEAL: $.50 for instant oats
PEANUT BUTTER: $.50-$1.00
FROZEN PIZZA: $2.50 or less for a large pizza
CANNED VEGGIES: $.50 or less
COOKIES/BROWNIE/CAKE MIX: $.50 or less
GRANOLA BARS: $.50 or less
CHIPS $1 or less
PASTA $.50 or less
RICE/POTATO PACKS $.50 or less
SALAD DRESSING $.50 or less
CONDIMENTS: $.50 or less
FRUIT SNACKS: $.50 or less

Of course you can get other items with coupons, but these are some good deals that can bring down your budget and/or save more money for something else. Is this helpful? Do you have any questions??

1 comment:

  1. This is great info and will definitely help when I am looking through coupons and sales. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete